Do you need to replace missing teeth but are worried that your new teeth won't look or feel natural? Dental implants offered by your Londonderry and Manchester, NH, dentist, Dr. Muhenad Samaan of Manchester Dental may be the perfect solution for you.
How Dental Implants Restore Lost Teeth
Dental implants restore the roots of missing teeth, creating a strong foundation for the dental crowns that are paired with the implants. The process begins when titanium posts are implanted in your jawbone during minor oral surgery. The posts, commonly called implants, will become the roots for your new teeth after they bond to your jawbone.
Implants are topped with dental crowns that look just like the visible parts of your teeth. Crowns are made from an impression of your mouth taken during a visit to the Londonderry or Manchester dental office. Small screws added to the tops of the implants join both parts of the new teeth together.
Six Advantages of Implants
Filling the gaps in your smile with dental implants offers these benefits:
- Improved Appearance: Tooth loss leads to issues with confidence and self-esteem. Restoring your lost teeth with dental implants will give you back your old smile and boost your confidence.
- No Biting Issues: It's not easy to bite and chew hard or tough foods if your teeth slip and slide when you try to eat. Luckily, your strong new roots will give you the biting power you need to enjoy a variety of foods.
- Long-Term Results: Your dental implants may last your entire lifetime. Practicing good oral hygiene will keep the implants healthy.
- Comfort: Dental implants feel very much like natural teeth. Since they don't slip and slide, you won't have to worry about painful gum irritation.
- A Cost-Effective Option: Other types of restorations may need to be replaced several times throughout your life but not dental implants. If you consider lifetime costs when making your decision, you just may discover that implants will save you money.
- Strong Jawbone: Your tooth roots stimulate the jawbone, keeping the bone strong. When roots are missing, the bone may begin to shrink slowly as a result of decreased stimulation. The shrinking process, known as resorption, may loosen teeth or cause facial sagging. Dental implants take over for your natural roots and help you avoid these unfortunate tooth loss consequences.
Restore your smile with dental implants! Schedule an appointment with Dr. Samaan of Manchester Dental by calling (603) 624-4147 for the Manchester, NH, office, or (603) 437-8204 for the Londonderry, NH, office.